Working with multiple computers at the same time can be cumbersome at the best of times – especially where peripheral devices are concerned. My K760 keyboard allows me to use the same keyboard on multiple machines as does my MX Master mouse. However, neither of these devices make it possible to work seamlessly with two computers at the same time.
“There’s always a better way and more than one solution!”
I am typically working between my SurfaceBook Pro and MacBook Pro at the same time, especially when developing applications that need to run on both. Even the simple task of copying files or text between them takes time that I’d rather spend doing other more productive tasks.
If you’re a power user working with more than one computer, wanting to work more efficiently and effectively, and looking to free up some precious desk space, then the Logitech MX Master 2S mouse is the solution you’ve been waiting for.
Multi-Computer Control With Logitech Flow
The new Logitech MX Master 2S mouse coupled with the Logitech Flow feature is the solution that makes working seamlessly between two or three computers connected to the same WiFi network possible. Sharing files or data between machines is as simple as moving the mouse from one screen to the other as you would when working with two monitors connected to the same machine as shown in the video below:
Aside from Logitech’s flow feature, there are a number of other features and improvements that the Logitech MX Master 2S brings to the table:
- Pair with up to 3 computers and easily switch between them using the “connect” button on the bottom of the mouse.
- Dual connectivity makes it easy to connect to your machines using either BlueTooth or Logitech’s unifying USB receiver (included). The unifying receiver makes it possible to connect up to 6 devices using only a single USB port.
- Completely customizable with Logitech’s “Options” software.
- Full button and key customization. The mouse has 7 buttons.
- Application specific settings.
- Gesture Button.
- Scroll Wheel with auto-shift for speed-adaptive scrolling.
- Battery notification and status indicator. Note that you can use the mouse while charging it with the included USB cable that connects to a micro-USB port on the front of the mouse.
- 70 days of battery life on a single charge compared to 40 days with the previous generation mouse.
- Darkfield high precision (4000 DPi) sensor that allows you to work on virtually any surface – including glass. The nominal value is set at 1000 DPi and ranges from 200 to 4000 DPi that can be adjusted in 50 DPi increments.
I like the look and feel of the Logitech MX Master 2S mouse. The mouse fits comfortably under the palm of your hand and the finger extension over the sculpted shape feels natural and relaxed.
I’m using the Logitech MX Master 2S mouse exclusively in my home office. All facets of our business are subject to continual improvement leading to more effective and efficient use of our most valued resource – TIME.
Until Next Time – STAY lean!
- Logitech MX Master 2S – Web Page
- “Logitech’s best mice get better with the MX Master 2S and MX Anywhere 2S” by Chaim Gartenberg on TheVerge.com
- Logitech Flow – Multi-device Control (http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/options/page/flow-multi-device-control)
- Logitech Flow – Setup / Help (http://support.logitech.com/en_ca/article/logitechflow-help)
1 thought on “Logitech MX Master 2S for Power Users”