I was pleasantly surprised to see some very useful downloads when I opened the November 2017 issue of the Intel Developer Products Newsletter:
- Intel Distribution for Python – Accelerate Python Performance – Powered by ANACONDA, and
- Intel Performance Libraries – Download these free libraries today to create better, more reliable, and faster software applications.
- Intel Data Analytics Acceleration Library (Intel DAAL)
- Intel Math Kernel Library (Intel MKL)
- Intel Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel IPP)
- Intel Threading Building Block (Intel TBB)
- Intel MPI Library (Windows Package)
Rather than write about these free offerings from Intel, click on the links above to see and choose the tools that will serve you best. The files are relatively large and you may want to reserve your time for when and how you download them to your machine. Versions are available for Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
Anaconda is my Python installation of choice if not simply for the ease of maintaining the many Python packages that are available. That the Intel distribution for Python is powered by Anaconda is not surprising.
Although I’ve expressed my fair share of caution when using code libraries written by others, I have no concerns with Intel as the documentation is more than thorough. If you’re truly interested in a comprehensive Python installation, consider this package offering from Intel.
Until Next Time, stay LEAN!